Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day One and All is Wet

So, I finally got to Seattle today. Easy flight on JetBlue. I had a great close up view of Rainier on the way in, and could actually see it from the ground too which I took as a good omen.

Got my car and started driving north. A few calls and a trader joe's stop later, I hit Bellingham. Stopped at TJ's for all the snacks, lunch type food, instant coffee and oatmeal. The hotel is fine as you can see from the photos. Not a Starwood property, but ok nonetheless!

Ran out to REI to buy some freeze dried foods for dinners including veggie curry, pad thai and chili, all vegetarian of course. Who wants freeze dried meat? YUCK.

Got back to my room and repacked my stuff and all of the food. It went pretty well, perfectly in time for me to unpack and repack everything tomorrow when I meet the guide.

I have to be at AAI at 7, and have to have eaten before I get there. Can't wait to eat gross food at 6 am! Oh well, this might be my last post until Sunday night or monday. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Climbing Mt. Baker

Slideshow of Mt Washington Climb

Recording about the Mt. Washington and New Hampshire Trip - 2/11/07

6 Minutes of Video of the Mt Washington Climb 2-11-07

This is long but will give you a feeling for the climb on Sunday.